Tuesday 26 February 2013

For Eden....


I mentioned I was knitting a little jacket for a friend who was having a bub here.  Well little Eden decided she was coming into the world a little bit earlier than planned, so I had to get my skates on.  Luckily this gorgeous little jacket is a quick knit.  The jacket is virtually knitted in one piece....I made one modification to the pattern, I chose not to knit the sleeves in the round.....my theory is life is too short to be knitting on 4 needles, so they are seamed underneath and that was really the only sewing up on the whole jacket.

The little i-cord border was knitted onto the jacket, and gasp....I went with black floral buttons. You'll notice I used black thread to sew them on.....I didn't want the wheat colour stitching showing on the buttons....I just wanted little black circles with a floral pattern on them, and I think they give the jacket a slightly oriental feel..... you'll also notice all the buttons are sewn on different ways, some flowers sideways, some upside down, some right way up....I don't like things to look too ordered!!












































































































































































Made with lots of love, and now a hat for little Miss Eden.....what to do?

You'll find details about this little jacket on my Ravelry page.  Please note this is not a tutorial, this is a project of someone else's design. All the information is linked to my page.  Where to obtain the pattern, yarn used etc.


Vic x

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous...love how the buttons have the etched flower, that match the wool so well. so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley, going with black buttons is always a bit dicey on a baby, but hey I'm a risk taker!! Vic x

      Delete
  2. So stunning, so sweet.

    Will you be listing any little jackets in your Etsy store in the near future? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this was purely a gift I'm afraid. I have put the link to the pattern and the yarn via my Ravelry page so you can possibly make the item yourself. Thanks Vicki

      Delete
  3. Oh Vicki - I spied this on Quince and Co and love it. Definitely going to check it out on your Ravelry page. It's beautiful, and such a great colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the cutest little jacket that you ever did see Nell.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x