Wednesday 27 February 2013

Pattern Postponement......



Where do I start, without dragging this out.....my little dover & madden world has become a little overwhelming of late causing me rather a lot of unnecessary stress.  For those that don't know I also work a casual job that normally would see me work only around 25 hours a week.  Working these hours was freeing me up to work dover & madden in and around that job.....time that I really relished. 

My casual job has now won a huge contract that runs through to the end of April, virtually doubling my working hours every week.....yes I'm working between 40 to 50 hours before I even get to knit my d&m stuff....I'm not complaining, I certainly don't shy away from hard work, but trying to balance both jobs, maintain some semblance of a social life, and do all the normal household chores, and then trying to find time to write up patterns, and all the necessary palava that goes with those patterns has fallen way short.

dover & madden was to be releasing its first knitting pattern for one of my little hats, with others to follow, but so I can retain some of my sanity and after much chatting with friends over dinner over the past few Monday nights, I have decided to put the patterns on hold, just till mid year.

I'll going to continue to knit stock and fulfill orders through to June to cover off the Australian Autumn & Winter seasons. My plan is to have all my knitting completed by end of June, which will see me take two months off to just work patterns for the months of July and August   This should see the full release of all of the patterns that I currently have under my belt for September.  I do understand this will disappoint and possibly annoy some very patient people, but my priority is me first, dover & madden second.....and truth be told I think it would be nice to release all of the patterns at the same time.   This then gives me the freedom to start working on more little patterns and I have a book full of designs.....a win win situation for everyone in my mind.

I have spent many a sleepless night over the past month trying to work all of this out, and with the help of a business plan and some structure on paper that I can check off, I now believe that I can put my ducks in a row to get this pattern thing off the ground.

So that's enough from me for now.  Thanks for listening.





Vic x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x