Friday 3 May 2013

Trains, Planes, Cars, Ferries and Richard Armitage.....


















































It's not that often I do things on a whim, but around 3 weeks ago I was intrigued by a retweet on my Twitter feed.....Richard Armitage was going to be a guest at a Popcorn Taxi event in Sydney.  I will admit I'm a bit of a fan of RA, and let's not mess around, very easy on the eye.....anyway booked two tickets, asked a friend to come along....booked the airfares, hotel and I've just come back from a 24 hr visit to one of my favourite cities.

It is amazing what you can cram into a day.....shopping, sightseeing, eating, drinking, ferry rides and lots and lots of walking.

Sydney turned on a perfect day....and in between sitting on the steps of the Opera House exhausted, we buzzed through the Royal Botanical Gardens, had afternoon tea at Laduree (the licorice macarons are to die for by the way) wandered around the QVB for a while, and then caught a late ferry over to Cremorne Point for the Q&A with Richard, before a late showing of The Hobbit.  Loads of fun, and what a charming, intelligent and humble man RA is.  

24 hours later, a morning flight back to Melbourne, and straight from the airport to work I'm slightly zombie like, but glad I did it.....things on a whim often turn out just right!

More photos have been added to a second blog post here

Vicki x

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos of Sydney and of Richard Armitage :) Loved reading about your experience at the Armitage Q&A, I'm enjoying experiencing the event vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures!! Great opportunity. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pinching myself....I've managed to grab a few more photos off my phone and my friend. I'll pop them up in the next 24 hours. Vic x

      Delete
  3. Ahhh thanks for sharing. These are beautiful photos of the city!!

    I have to admit, it took me a REALLY long time to move away from the photos at Laduree (really love the photo with the hanging wall of ribbons)!

    We have a Laduree tea room at Harrod's in London, but most of the time, I get my stock 5 flavors of macarons from Laduree's brother bakery of Paul Patisserie - so I always love being reminded that there are so many more flavors out there!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comments, I've personally had macarons at Laduree in Paris, and wasn't that taken by them. Now after having some very average macarons around Melbourne and then going back having Laduree macarons again I've realised nothing comes close to them.....I think I like the slightly denseness of them if that makes sense....the rest I've had have been too light and have broken when I've eaten them!! We have another little boutique shop around Australia called La Belle Miette, they do a fab range. Their Earl Grey macaron is pretty scrumptious, so yes I agree there are some lovely flavours to be had. Vic x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us. :-)

    We also have a Laduree shop in Geneva, it's great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure....I'm just waiting for Laduree to pop up in Melbourne. We have a few big new fancy shopping complex being built in the centre of Melbourne, so fingers crossed I don't have to keep flying up to Sydney for my Laduree fix!! Thanks so much for popping by. Vic x

      Delete
  5. Love all your pictures of Sydney and Richard Armitage. And then there were your shoes - I've yet to find a pair just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank for photos, amazing journey,congratulations,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x