Friday 21 September 2012

Blanket Beginnings Again.....



I don't know what it is about me and blankets at the moment....I love the slow methodical, almost mesmerizing work that a crochet blanket brings....I love the time it takes, the growth of the work, the changing of it as you add new squares, rows and colours and the satisfaction that they bring on completion....I'm afraid I don't get that with knitting hats.....and as much as I hate to say it, after being sick for a week or so, I wouldn't care if I never knitted another hat again....I could happily make blankets for the rest of my life!!

As much as I do need to finish what I already have on offer....I did start a new blanket with little flowers from the leftovers from this blanket.....I tested the pattern and I got the effect I wanted, but I'll pop this away for another time.






























I'm moving on with the boys Noro, after finishing the little one for the girls....thought I needed to even up the gender in-balance...too many blankets for girls and not enough for little boys....Can't wait to see this completed.









vicx


1 comment:

  1. Love them both Vicki, but really loving the blues and greens in this boys blanket

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x